Brown Rice (Leftover Turkey) Soup
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced-or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 (14.5 oz cans) reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup white wine or additional reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups cubed, cooked turkey
- 1 cup brown rice
- In a large saucepan, sauté red pepper, onion, celery and garlic in olive oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth, wine or additional broth, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and rice.
- Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Per serving (1½ cups)
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 650 milligrams