Rhubarb Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Topping
This is a super moist bread that has a special sweet topping.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda or additional brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 5x9 inch bread loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, Splenda, oil, and eggs. Beat well. Add buttermilk, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour and beat until blended. Add rhubarb and stir to mix. Add walnuts if desired.
- Divide the mixture between two loaf pans.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Heat while stirring, until butter is melted. Using a spoon, drizzle over the top of the bread mixtures.
- Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until brown on top and middle is completely done. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Fat, gm. 8
Protein, gm. 2
Carbs, gm. 20
Cholesterol, mg. 20
Fiber, gm. 0.2