As the name suggests, Quick Tuscan Chicken is a simple one-pan dish that can be made in less than 15 minutes.
A Few Notes About Preparation
Since the stem of fresh oregano are tough, you can easily separate the leaves by running your fingers down the stem in the opposite direction that the leaves are growing.
Fillet the chicken breasts in half so they are thinner and can cook in 5-8 minutes, instead of 15-20 minutes.
- 4 oz artichoke hearts (canned)4- 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 oz fresh oregano, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup red wine
To Roast the Red Pepper
- Take a red bell pepper and place it directly on the stove top burner. Gradually it will blacken. Once it is slightly blackened all the way around, put it in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for a few minutes. When you take it out, the skin will easily peel off.
- You can do the same using an electric stove, it just takes a little longer, and you'll have to clean the element once you are done.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and add the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked about half-way through, add the peppers, artichoke hearts, garlic, oregano and salt and peper.
- Squeeze the lemon half over the ingredients, followed by the red wine. Cook for another minute or so.
- Once cooked, plate the chicken with the vegetables and serve.
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 528 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 24 g