Spicy Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/3 large limes
- 1/ 4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- From 1 lime, grate 1 teaspoon of peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into a large bowl. Cut the remaining lime into wedges and reserve for squeezing juice over cooked burgers. In the large bowl containing the lime peel and juice, blend in yogurt, oil, ginger, cumin, coriander, and garlic.
- Divide ground turkey into 4 burgers. Just before grilling, add turkey burger to the bowl and coat with yogurt mixture. Do not marinate burgers in yogurt mixture because texture may become altered.
- Place turkey burgers on grill over medium heat until done. Serve with lime wedges. You may choose to serve burgers alone or on a whole wheat bun.
Saturated fat: g