The dish can take as little as 10 minutes to prepare, though if you'd like to let it simmer longer you can. Pork should be cooked to an internal temp of 160 degrees. Be careful though not to overcook the meat, because then it will become tough.
Serve the dish over rice. Basmati is best for this dish, and will need to be prepared according to package directions.
A Few Tips on Preparation
After you cut your garlic, wipe the knife so it is not sticky when you are trying to cut other ingredients. And when preparing the ingredients, leave the onion for the last.
- 1lb pork loin cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, square cut
- 1/3 cup dried red chili crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the pan on high heat, and then add the olive oil. Next, add the pork. When you put the pork in, put it in a few pieces at a time so you don't cool the pan down and the meat can continue to cook evenly.
- Next add the garlic and then the onions. Stir the ingredients to mix together, add salt and pepper. Let the ingredients cook for a few minutes. Add the red chili. Next, add the cilantro, reserving small amount of cilantro for dressing at the end.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir the pan. Let the meat cook until done, approximately 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 107 mg
Sodium: 114 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 14 g
Protein: 34 g