UW Health internal medicine physicians offer comprehensive diagnostic and primary care services for patients over 18 years of age.
Internal medicine physicians regularly deal with complex medical problems. In addition, they provide the complete range of general internal medical care, including the diagnosis and treatment of both acute and chronic illnesses, gynecological care, urgent care and minor surgery.
- Physical examinations
- Gynecological care, including Pap smears and family planning
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Healthy lifestyle management including smoking cessation, heart disease prevention, weight management and osteoporosis prevention
- Mild injury care (sprains, strains, cuts and bruises)
- Management of complex, ongoing disorders such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis and diabetes
- Acute care
- Referrals to specialists