UW Health Navigator
UW Health Navigator is a free app available on smartphones and tablets that can help you find your way around University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics and American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.
The app uses WiFi to determine the user's location, then provides directions to any selected public destination. Users also can choose to find the closest of a certain type of facility, such as a restroom.
You can download the app for your smartphone or tablet from iTunes or Google Play. Or, search for "UW Health Navigator" within the iTunes app store or Google Play store.
Once you install and run the app for the first time ...
- The app likely will recognize your position
- Select "How to Use this App" to get instructions for using the app
- If you have questions about using the app, check out the Frequently Asked Questions
- Report any issues you encounter by using this form
Note: The latest version of the app is still in Beta testing. It is concentrated on patient accessible areas of the UW Hospital and Clinics and American Family Children's Hospital. Floor plans of other facilities might be visible within the app, but are not ready for full functionality.
If you are at UW Hospital and Clinics or American Family Children's Hospital using this app and cannot find your way, you can ask any UW Health employee wearing a badge for assistance or call (608) 263-8581.
How to Use the App
Search Tab (magnifying glass)
- Search any public destination
- Option to find nearest location
- Keyword searching (for example, type in "food" to find cafeterias, delis, vending machines, etc.)
- Overview map provides all facility buildings
- Select building to search through facility floor maps
- If using an Apple device, click "Return to Overview" button to navigate to overview map
- If using an Android device, click back button on device to return to overview map
- Used to locate nearest facility
- Identify destination via map or search function
- Your starting point is automatically found with Wi-Fi turned on
- Manually arrow through steps to find next set of directions
- Note the helpful tips at the top of the screen that will help you navigate your path