G7/210, UW Hospital and Clinics
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
More About Interpreter Services
- Interpreter services are offered at no charge for all UW Health patients.
- UW Health interpreter services serves on average 200 patients per day in approximately 20 different languages.
- UW Health offers face-to-face, phone and video interpreting services. Learn about video interpretation (LanguageLine Solutions on YouTube)
Interested in being a medical interpreter?
If you are interested in working as a UW Health interpreter, you need to hold a current national certification. Once you hold your national certification, you can contact us at (608) 262-9000 to inquire about work opportunities.
Madison College currently offers healthcare interpreter training courses through their Continuing Education program.