Patient Rights and Responsibilities: Filing a Complaint
If you have questions about any aspect of your care or service, we encourage you to contact:
UW Hospital and Clinics
Patient Relations Department
600 Highland Avenue G7/210
Madison WI, 53792-2460
If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint after the Patient Relations staff has reviewed it, you may file a formal grievance. The grievance form is available from the Patient Relations department.
You may also choose to file a complaint with one or more of the following organizations:
The State of Wisconsin
Department of Health Services
Division of Quality Assurance
Bureau of Health ServicesP.O. Box 2969Madison, WI 53701-2969
The Joint CommissionOffice of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Report a Complaint
Phone: (800) 994-6610Fax: (630) 792-5636E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Filing a Complaint(800) 362-2320You can file an appeal with MetaStar, the Wisconsin Quality Improvement Organization if you are a Medicare patient and have a quality of care complaint or think you are being discharged from the hospital too soon.
Where to File a Formal Service Delivery Discrimination Complaint
- Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Enterprise Services, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, 1 W. Wilson, Room 561, PO Box 7850, Madison, WI 53707, voice (608) 266-9372, TTY/TDD 1-888-701-1251
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Director, Office for Civil Rights Room 509F HHH Bldg., 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, voice (202) 619-0403, TTY/TDD (202) 619-3257
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, Region V, 233 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601, voice (312) 886-2359, TTY/TDD (312)353-5693
Where to File a Laboratory Test Complaint
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Central Office, Division of Laboratory Services (CLIA), 1-877-267-2323, ext. 63531.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP), 1-866-236-7212.