How to Obtain Your Medical Records
- American Family Children's Hospital
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- UW Health at The American Center
- University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
- UW Health clinics located in Madison and throughout the state
- UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital
- Madison Surgery Center
- Wisconsin Sleep
UW Health patients may request copies of their medical records, radiology images and pathology reports and slides by following the processes outlined below:
- Obtaining Medical Records from all UW Health sites | Cómo Obtener Copias De Su Expediente Médico
- Obtaining Authorization for Verbal Communication and/or to Leave Voice Mail Messages | Autorización para la Comunicación Verbal y/o para dejar mensajes en el buzón de voz (pdf)
- Obtaining Authorization for Release of Verbal Communication and Exchange of Written Communication | Intercambio de Información Autorización para la Divulgación de Comunicación Verbal E Intercambio de Información Escrita (pdf)
- Obtaining Medical Images from UW Hospital and Clinics
- Obtaining Radiology Images from UW Medical Foundation
Important Note: If you would like to request hard copies (paper) of your medical records and radiology images, please submit two separate authorization requests.
Pathology Reports and Slides
The UW Hospital and Clinics Pathology Department can assist you with requests to send your pathology slides and reports for continued medical care or second opinion consultation. Contact the department by phone at (608) 263-8443.
- Requests to forward pathology material for continued medical care at another facility require a written request from that facility.
- Requests for second opinion consultation at another facility must be initiated by your physician and done in consultation with a surgical pathologist.
- Pathology slides will need to be returned to UW Hospital and Clinics.