UW Health's Community Care program helps people who are unable to pay for the medical services they receive. For eligible patients, UW Health may reduce bills in part or in full.
How Does it Work?
Community Care staff use the following guidelines to determine patient qualification:
- If the household income is at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may have no financial responsibility for the care given by UW Health
- If you fall between 300% and 500%, you may get a discount. Persons eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more for emergency or other medically necessary care than amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance.
- UW Health is the appropriate provider
- The care is medically necessary
- You are not eligible for any county, state or federal health insurance program
- You don't have the option or the ability to purchase health insurance
For more information about the Community Care program, contact UW Health (877) 278-6437 or request the information in writing or by visiting UW Health Patient Business Services at 7974 UW Health CT, Middleton, WI 53562
Financial Assistance Policy Forms
- Financial Assistance Policy (pdf)
- Financial Assistance Policy: Appendix A - Amount Generally Billed (pdf)
- Financial Assistance Policy: Appendix B - Categories of Service (pdf)
- Financial Assistance Policy: Appendix C - Contact Information (pdf)
- Financial Assistance Policy: Appendix D - Adjustment Levels (pdf)
- Financial Statement - English (pdf)
- Declaración Financiera - en Español (pdf)
- Patient Billing and Collections Policy (pdf)
Please complete the Financial Statement form (pdf) and return with your latest tax return, two recent pay stubs and/or two recent bank statements to UW Health Patient Business Services at 7974 UW Health CT, Middleton, WI 53562
UW Health has partnered with United Way of Dane County to fund a program called HealthConnect, which will link people with lower incomes who live in Dane County to health insurance by providing financial assistance with their premium when they purchase insurance through the Marketplace. This program is supported through a $2 million dollar contribution from UW Health.