A diagnosis of cancer can completely change a person's world. New challenges emerge, new realities, and it can feel like a tidal wave washing over every aspect of life, leaving patients feeling vulnerable and alone.
Having a community of others who share and understand your experiences can have a significant impact on your ability to manage and cope with the experience of living with cancer. The UW Carbone Cancer Center hosts a variety of support groups that are open, and often free, for participants.
UW Carbone Cancer Center Support Groups
- Breathe Easier: Lung Cancer Information and Support Group
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer Support Group (Gilda's Club)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer Support Group (UW Hospital)
- Gynecologic Cancers: A View Beyond
- Heads Up Support Group
- Kidney Disease Education and Treatment Options
- Leukemia Support Group
- Look Good, Feel Better (Gilda's Club)
- Look Good, Feel Better (UW Hospital)
- Lymphoma Informational and Educational Group
- Madison Area Adult Brain Tumor Support Group
- ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association
- Wisconsin Multiple Myeloma Support Group