Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
Joint replacement surgeons at the University of Wisconsin in Madison offer hip and knee replacement, including hip resurfacing. Our orthopedic surgeons are fellowship-trained and recognized as experts in the field of joint replacement.
Joint Replacement Care Plan
Your UW Health joint replacement surgeons and orthopedic team have developed a three-pronged care plan to guide you through your preparation, hospital stay and recovery from surgery:
- Your Care Team and Support Person: Your joint replacement team's main goal is to provide you with the care and support you need to get through your joint replacement.
- Joints 101: This pre-surgery class discusses what to expect throughout the joint replacement process. Learn more about Joints 101
- TotalCare: This free online educational system provides you with comprehensive information before and after surgery. Learn more and create your TotalCare account
For the Hip
For the Knee
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial (Unicompartmental) Knee Replacement
- Robotic-assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Gender-Specific Knee Replacement (For Women)
- Non-operative Hip and Knee Arthritis Clinic
- Preparing for Your Joint Replacement
- Getting Back in the Game: Partial Knee Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing Restores Active Lifestyle
The Benefits of Knee and Hip Replacement
Knee and hip replacement surgery can relieve the pain and discomfort caused by arthritis (degenerative joint disease). In the past, joint replacement was limited to older and less mobile patients, but surgeons at UW Health also offer joint replacement to younger, more active patients with hip or knee arthritis.
In addition, UW Health is prepared to offer hip resurfacing, a new hip replacement technique recently approved by the FDA. Hip resurfacing might facilitate faster recovery and increased joint mobility, which is an important consideration for some hip replacement patients.
UW Health offers state-of-the-art facilities and services, including high-tech equipment and newer, less invasive treatments. Our experienced surgeons, nurses and therapists work together to provide comprehensive, expert care for knee and hip patients and their families.