Back Care Class
UW Health spine physical therapy offers back care class to teach patients about effective ways to prevent neck and back pain and problems and to offer strategies to manager neck and upper- and lower-back pain.
Please note: Participants need to undergo a physical therapist evaluation prior to attending class.
Back Care Class Objectives
- Improved ability to manage upper- and lower-spine pain and increase personal level of function
- Increased effectiveness of treatment provided by doctors and therapists
- Decreased reliance on treatment for upper- and lower-spine pain by health care practitioners
- Decreased frequency of repeat episodes of upper- and lower-spine pain
Back Care Class Topics
- Spinal anatomy basics
- Personal responsibility and risk factors predisposing one to back injury
- Sitting and standing posture, sleep positioning and lifting mechanics
- Prevention strategies
- When: Once a month, with times varying depending on participant demand
- Location: UW Health Research Park (second floor Spine Physical Therapy section)
- Scheduling: Call (608) 265-3341 for dates and times. If you have scheduled to attend a session but are unable to go, please call the above phone number between 7am and 5pm to inform our staff and to reschedule.
- Clothing: This class is interactive. Please wear comfortable exercise clothes.
- Medicare: This class is not covered by Medicare.