UW Organ and Tissue Donation Videos Training and Curriculum
The information and materials included in our online tool kit make it easier than ever for you to create an event, execute an idea or engage with the media to educate more people about the life-saving and life-improving gifts provided through organ, tissue and eye donation.
Our tool kit includes:
- Examples of successful donation promotion activities that were completed by our staff. Use these as a guide to re-create the same activity, or as a means to elevate your own idea
- Electronic messaging campaign (pdf)
- Dilly for a Dot event (pdf)
- DMV recognition event (pdf)
- Rose dedication event (pdf)
- Media guide (pdf). Media relations can be a very effective and inexpensive way to promote donation and the Donor Registry, but if done incorrectly or without an appropriate amount of strategy, planning or follow through, it can be counterproductive to your goal. Use this guide, and our UW OPO Media Consultant to make the most of your media efforts.
- Media talking points (pdf)
- YesIWillWisconsin.com: Order YIW shirts and other merchandise.
- DonateLife.net: Facts, merchandise, everything you need to know about efforts to promote donation on a national basis.
- Promote the Donate Life Wisconsin license plates. Order yours online or print our promotional flyer (pdf).
- Join Team Destination Donation, a group of athletes (and aspiring athletes) who promote donation at run/walks and other athletic events.
- uwhealth.org/DottieDot: Join Dottie's volunteer team, order a Dottie doll.
- uwhealth.org/OPOVolunteer: A brief training program connects you to the state's largest team of organ, tissue and eye donation volunteers.
- Connect to the mission by reading beautiful donor tributes.
- Donation education flyer (pdf). Print our current donor education flier, or use this information to create speaking points for events or for media and social media messages.
- Glossary of terms (pdf)
- Dottie Donor Dot (Remember to "Like" Dottie on Facebook! Post your photos too!)
- Yes I Will Wisconsin (Wisconsin Donor Registry)
- Logo: YesIWillWisconsin.com
- Donor dot logo
- Donate dot logo
- Got your dot logo (pdf)
- Yes I Will dot logo
- Yes I Will screen saver (pdf). Note: Ask your IT department to code the "dot" as a click through to the registry
- Yes I Will clinic sign (pdf)
- YIW registry promotion card (pdf)
- Map of Wisconsin by county (pdf)
- Sample newsletters story with Wisconsin data and Wisconsin's Donor Registry information (pdf)
- Social media messages about Wisconsin's Donor Registry (pdf)
- Sample CEO/leadership email (pdf)
- Donate Life America (National donation messaging)
- Donate Life logos: Color | Black (Must include the trademark image)
- Done Vida logos: Color | Black (Must include the trademark image)
- Photo of Donate Life flag
- Donate Life site, where you can download Facebook images, print ads and web banners.
- Online stores, where you can order Donate Life logo merchandise and widgets. All promotional items decorated with the registered Donate Life and Done Vida logos and Donate Life Wisconsin logo must be purchased through one of these licensed vendors:
- Commotion Promotions
- For 2013 National Donate Life Month promotional items: donationmerchandise.com (beginning February 5, they will also have other Donate Life merchandise)
- While supplies last, visit http://www.donationmerchandise.com/ for markdowns and closeout prices on clearance merchandise.
- Sample newsletter story with national data/Donate Life messaging (pdf)
- Social media messages with national/Donate Life messages (pdf)
- Do Nation videos on YouTube: English | Spanish
- Donor and transplant recipient stories, photos and videos that you may use in your efforts to promote donation, transplantation and the Donor Registry
- Stories from the 2013 Transplant and OPO calendar.
- Videos featuring transplant recipients and patients on the waitlist. Use one segment - or all of them - at your event or as part of your campaign.
- Donor stories (and photos) as written by their loved ones.