Organ Donation Education Events
The UW Health Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) recommends these events as ways to show your support for their mission and help give the gift of life:
- Saturday, June 18: Organ Donation Awareness Night with the Madison Mallards. Join Dottie Donor Dot at the Mallards baseball game when they team-up to promote organ, tissue and eye donation. Game time: 6:05, gates open at 4:30. Tickets information available on the Mallards' website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in volunteering.
- Saturday, June 25: Big Cup Golf Outing, 3640 Sand Acres Drive, De Pere, WI, (920)-964-0249
- Friday, July 1: Donation Awareness Night at Langlade County Speedway in Antigo. Email mailto: email@example.com if you're interested in volunteering
- Monday, June 27: Liberty Mutual Invitational Golf Event to benefit the NKF of Wisconsin at Westmoor Country Club, Brookfield. For more details visit the NKF website
- Friday, July 15: Gospel Concert at the Barneveld Lutheran Church, 503 Swiss Lane. Donations will be collected to promote organ donation awareness
- Saturday, July 30: Capital City Yes I Will run/walk to promote organ, tissue and eye donation
- Tuesday, August 2: Donation awareness booth at Lake Mills Night Out Against Crime, 6:30-8 pm, Lake Mills, WI
- Friday, August 5: Cenurion Cycling Charity Challenge. Cheer on Team Donate Life as they spin to win a donation for Donate Life Wisconsin. For informaton visit Centurion Wisconsin
- Friday, August 12: David Duranceau Memorial golf event, Green Bay. For more details: www.davidduranceaufoundation.com
- Friday, August 19: Donate Life Night at Central Wisconsin Raceway, Unity, Wisconsin. $1.00 will be donated for every ticket sold that evening to help fund organ donation education.
- Saturday, August 20: Hailey Rath 5K Run/Walk and Music Festival at the Rock on the River, 101 Maple Avenue, Beloit. Registration is at 7am, run/walk starts at 7:30am. Music Festival follows. For more details or to register go to www.haileyrath5k.org.
- Monday, August 22: Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin Golf Outing, Oaks Golf Club, Cottage Grove. For more details, (608) 252-9632
Let Us Know
Know about any organ donation education events you'd like to publicize? Leave a comment.