Organ Donation Education Events
The UW Health Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) recommends these events as ways to show your support for their mission and help give the gift of life:
- Saturday, April 2: Team Wisconsin Bowling benefit, Two Rivers. All proceeds donated to Team Wisconsin. Contact Dan or Mary Benter at 920-772-4261 if you have something you are willing to donate for a silent auction.
- Saturday, April 2: Donation education event at St. Paul AME Church, 4525 Diamond Drive, Madison, noon-4pm
- Sunday, April 3: Eau Claire donor remembrance ceremony
- Tuesday, April 5: Flag raising event at Franciscan Skemp LaCrosse Campus, 5:30pm, following donation education table at Viterbo Health fair. Sponsored by Coulee Region
- Wednesday, April 6: Donate Life day at UW Hospital and Clinics, various activities, registry event in H1 area, 11:30am-1:30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday, April 6-7: Donation education blitz event: Marquette General Hospital, Marquette, MI. Public and private training sessions and education events.
- Thursday, April 7: Watertown Registry Challenge
- Thursday, April 7: Day-long registry event at Appleton Medical Center
- Friday, April 8: All day Registry Event at Theda Clark Medical Center
- Monday, April 11: Aspirus Wausau Donor Family Remembrance Ceremony, 7pm
- Thursday, April 14: Registry event at St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay, 9am-noon.
- Friday, April 15: Donor Registry Drive at St. Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, Archangel Café, 11am-1pm
- Monday, April 18: Donor Registry Drive at St. Joseph's in Marshfield, Four Seasons Cafeteria, 10:30am-1:30pm.
- Monday, April 18: Registry event at St. Mary's Hospital, Green Bay, 10:30am-noon
- Monday, April 18: Registry event at Bellin Hospital, Green Bay, 10:30am-noon
- Monday, April 18: Registry event at Swedish American Hospital
- Saturday, April 30: Race for Life Scavenger Hunt presented by North Central Wisconsin Donate Life at The Rose Garden, Wausau. Registration is at noon, the race is from 1-5pm. Scoring and dinner to follow. For more information or to register: www.ncwdonatelife.org
- Sunday, May 1: Flavors of Milwaukee at Hilton Milwaukee City Center benefiting the American Liver Foundation, 509 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI. Call (414) 961-4936 for more details or to reserve tickets http://www.liverfoundation.org/chapters/wisconsin/
- Saturday, May 14: Restoring Hope Ride to benefit the Restoring Hope Transplant House from 7am-3pm at Capital Brewery, 7734 Terrace Avenue, Middleton. For more details or to register: www.restoringhope.org/hoperide
- Saturday, May 14: Donate Life Wisconsin day with the Brewers, 3pm vs. Pittsburgh. A few tickets are still available for $15/ticket for $30 seats. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, May 21: Living Well with Your Transplant. Sponsored by the NKF of Wisconsin-Rockford in cooperation with the NKF of Illinois from 8:30am-12:30pm at Northern Illinois University, 8500 State Street, Rockford. Please contact the NKF of Wisconsin for more details at email@example.com or call (262) 821-0705 ext. 10. More information is available online: http://www.kidneywi.org/EducationalMedical-c1242-wp6398.htm
- Tuesday, June 14: Day-long donor education event at St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, SMMC conference center
- Monday, June 27: Liberty Mutual Invitational Golf Event to benefit the NKF of Wisconsin at Westmoor Country Club, Brookfield. For more details: http://www.kidneywi.org/Golf-c1242-wp2450.htm
- Friday, August 12: David Duranceau Memorial golf event, Green Bay. For more details: www.davidduranceaufoundation.com
- Saturday, August 20: Hailey Rath 5K Run/Walk and Music Festival at the Rock on the River, 101 Maple Avenue, Beloit. Registration is at 7am, run/walk starts at 7:30am. Music Festival follows. For more details or to register go to www.haileyrath5k.org.
Let Us Know
Know about any organ donation education events you'd like to publicize? Leave a comment.