Organ Donation Education Events
The UW Health Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) recommends these events as ways to show your support for their mission and help give the gift of life:
- Sunday, February 27: UW Hospital OPO donor registry booth at Badgers vs. Northwestern men's basketball game; game at 5pm at the Kohl Center, Madison.
- Monday, February 28: UW Hospital OPO will be special guests at the Bo Ryan Radio Show, live from the Great Dane at Hilldale Mall, Madison. Be sure to listen from 7-8pm on WIBA-AM 1310 or on your local Badger Sports Network station.
- Friday, March 11: Middleton Lions Club Wine Tasting to benefit the Restoring Hope Transplant House and other area charities; at the Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q Hammons Drive, Middleton from 5-9pm. Cost is $25. Go to www.middletonlions.com to purchase tickets or for more information.
- Thursday, March 17: Living Well Series, sponsored by the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin. Debbie Roe, MS, RN, APNP presents "Managing Medication Side Effects" at Community Conference Center, 8700 Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa. Networking at 6pm, program starts at 6:30pm.
- Saturday, April 30: Race for Life Scavenger Hunt presented by North Central Wisconsin Donate Life at The Rose Garden, Wausau. Registration is at noon, the race is from 1-5pm. Scoring and dinner to follow. For more information or to register: www.ncwdonatelife.org
- Sunday, May 1 - Flavors of Milwaukee at Hilton Milwaukee City Center benefiting the American Liver Foundation, 509 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI. Call (414) 961-4936 for more details or to reserve tickets. http://www.liverfoundation.org/chapters/wisconsin/
- Saturday, May 14: Restoring Hope Ride to benefit the Restoring Hope Transplant House from 7am-3pm at Capital Brewery, 7734 Terrace Avenue, Middleton.
- Saturday, May 21: Living Well with Your Transplant. Sponsored by the NKF of Wisconsin-Rockford in cooperation with the NKF of Illinois from 8:30am-12:30 pm at Northern Illinois University, 8500 State Street, Rockford. Please contact the NKF of Wisconsin for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 821-0705 ext. 10.
- Friday, August 12: David Duranceau Memorial golf event, Green Bay. For more details: https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Duranceau-Foundation/212267578814208
- Saturday, August 20: Hailey Rath 5K Run/Walk and Music Festival at the Rock on the River, 101 Maple Avenue, Beloit. Registration is at 7am, run/walk starts at 7:30 am. Music Festival follows. For more details or to register go to www.haileyrath5k.org.