Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Aug. 16-20: Dodge County Fair. Neu Family Booth; North Side of Exhibit Tent #1, Dodge County Fairgrounds, Highway 33, Beaver Dam, WI. UW OTD will have a booth set up at the county fair to promote donation and registration to the surrounding community.
- Aug. 19: Janesville Farmers' Market, N. Main Street between E. Milwaukee and W. Centerway, Janesville, WI. From 8am-1pm. UW OTD will have a booth set up at the farmers' market to promote donation and registration to the Janesville community.
- Aug. 24-27: Marinette County Fair, Fairgrounds Rd, Wausaukee, WI 54177. UW OTD will have a booth set up at the county fair to promote donation and registration to the surrounding community.
- Aug. 25: Ted's Trek Glow Run Walk/Run, Dale's Weston Lanes, 5902 Schofield Ave., Weston, WI 54476. The race is from 8:30pm (dusk) until 10pm, followed by live music. The run is in memorial of Ted Gerbig, lung recipient and a co-founder of North Central Wisconsin Donate Life. Register or learn more
- Aug. 27: Arenas Family Tent Event, Palmer's Steakhouse, 122 E. Capitol Dr., Hartland, WI 53029. The Arenas Family is the owner of Palmer’s Steak House in Hartfield. Due to complications with cystic fibrosis, their son Tony received a double lung transplant in 2015. While the family has raised money for cystic fibrosis education since 1986, they also now emphasize the importance of donation and transplantation. There will be a dinner and live auction, with an expected attendance of more than 800. More information
- Sept. 7-9: Wisconsin Quilt Expo, Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, WI 53713. OTD will have an informational booth to promote donation and registration at the expo.
- Sept. 16: Kickin' For A Cure Coed Kickball Tournament for Cystic Fibrosis, Pioneer Park, 7555 Old Sauk Rd, Verona, WI 53593 (Town of Middleton). Community event that supports the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and promotes awareness for organ donation. Facebook page