Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Jan. 9: Sparta Community Health Fair, 6–8pm, Sparta High School Main Hallway, 506 N. Black River St., Sparta, WI 54656
- Jan. 14: Jason Berken Baseball Camp, 10:30am-1:30pm, West De Pere High School, 665 Grant St, De Pere, WI 54115.
- Jan. 20-21: WellExpo, Monona Terrace and Convention Center, 1 John Nolen Dr, Madison, WI 53703; Friday, 3-8pm; Saturday, 9am-4pm. Stop at the UW Health booth and play the organ donation prize wheel game while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation and register as an organ donor.
- Jan. 21: "A Day for Jay" at the Wild Horse Saloon, 9031 County Rd WW, Wisconsin Rapids, WI. A fundraiser for a kidney recipient, including an educational booth about organ donation. Have your picture taken with Wisconsin’s Donor Registry mascot, Dottie Donor Dot.
- Jan. 21: National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin "Spotlight on Life" Gala, 6pm-10pm, Hilton Center, 509 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203. "Spotlight on Life" is a unique celebration of the gift of life. Representatives from donation and transplant organizations take professional dance lessons, competing toe-to-toe on the dance floor. The event leaves the crowd cheering and promotes organ, tissue, and eye donation. Patients, families, and supporters tune in across the country via a live stream to continue the celebration at home. Proceeds enable the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin to continue offering free programs and services for all organ transplant recipients, living donors, patients and their families, and healthcare professionals throughout Wisconsin.
- Jan. 26-28: "Working Together" Wisconsin EMS Convention and Exposition, Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee. The UW Health Booth will feature many departments, including UW Organ and Tissue Donation.
- Feb. 4: Chippewa Valley WellFEST, 9am-4pm, The Florian Gardens, 2340 Lorch Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701. Stop at the organ donation education table and play the prize wheel while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation. Ticket purchase required for entry.
- Feb. 12: Community Organ Donation Education Session, 11am–noon, First Presbyterian Church, 200 S. Lincoln Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449
- Apr. 2: UW-Madison Science Expedition Campus Open House, noon–4pm,Destination for Exploration event, UW Health Sciences Learning Center, 750 Highland Ave, Madison. Community education table about organ, tissue and eye donation and registering as an organ donor.
- Apr. 8: Fifth Annual Northeast Wisconsin “Donate Life” Walk, Bay View Middle School, 8–11am, 1217 Cardinal Lane, Green Bay. This event, including a silent auction, is organized by the Bay View Middle School Student Council. Proceeds raised are donated to Donate Life Wisconsin, a non-profit organization that educates the public about organ, tissue and eye donation and encourages everyone to register as a donor on Wisconsin’s Donor Registry.
- Apr. 19: Marian University Health Fair, 10am–2pm, 45 S. National Ave, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
- Apr. 22: Third Annual Central Wisconsin Gift of Life Scavenger Hunt, 10am–5pm, The West Wing Room, The Ridges Golf Course, 2311 Griffith Ave., Wisconsin Rapids, WI. Teams of four to six participate in a scavenger hunt from 10am to 3pm. Scavenger team members gather for a bucket auction, raffle and meal at 3pm. Proceeds are donated to Restoring Hope Transplant House in Madison and UW Organ and Tissue Donation’s Donor Education Fund.
- Apr. 29: Recycle Yourself Fun Run/Walk, Wildwood Park, 10am–2pm, 1800 S. Roddis Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449. Organized by Ministry St. Joseph’s Hospital Donation Committee. Proceeds will benefit Ministry St. Joseph’s families of organ, tissue and eye donors with care bags and support services. Meet Wisconsin’s Dottie Donor Dot mascot and stop by the donation education table for information on how to register on Wisconsin’s Donor Registry.