Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Feb.12: Community Organ Donation Education Session, 11am-noon, First Presbyterian Church, 200 S. Lincoln Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449
- Feb. 13: The Bucky PR-Donate Life Team will be hosting an educational booth to enhance UW-Madison student understandings of organ, tissue and eye donation. The booth will be set up at Gordon Dining and Event Center, 770 W Dayton St., Madison, WI 53706, from 5:45-7:30 p.m. Stop by to show your support.
- Feb. 28: Senior Luncheon presentation by a UW OTD volunteer and organ recipient from 11am-noon at St. John's Lutheran Church, 312 S. Third St., Evansville, WI 53536
- March 4: Women's Wellness Conference, 9am-3pm, Pine Grove Country Club, 1520 W Hughitt St., Iron Mountain, MI 49801
- March 11: 11th Annual Waunakee Wellness and Energy Fair, 8:30-11am, Waunakee Village Center, 333 S. Madison St., Waunakee, WI 53597
- March 18: Rhinelander Home Show, 9am-4pm, Rhinelander High School, 665 Coolidge Ave., Rhinelander, WI 54501
- March 22: Teel Plastics Employee Health Fair, 6:30-8am and 2-4pm, 1060 Teel Court, Baraboo, WI 53913
- April 2: UW-Madison Science Expedition Campus Open House, noon-4pm,Destination for Exploration event, UW Health Sciences Learning Center, 750 Highland Ave, Madison WI 53705. Community education table about organ, tissue and eye donation and registering as an organ donor.
- April 8: Fifth Annual Northeast Wisconsin "Donate Life" Walk, 8-11am, Bay View Middle School, 1217 Cardinal Lane, Green Bay, WI 54313. This event, including a silent auction, is organized by the Bay View Middle School Student Council. Proceeds raised are donated to Donate Life Wisconsin, a non-profit organization that educates the public about organ, tissue and eye donation and encourages everyone to register as a donor on Wisconsin's Donor Registry.
- April 19: Marian University Health Fair, 10am-2pm, 45 S. National Ave, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
- April 22: Third Annual Central Wisconsin Gift of Life Scavenger Hunt, 10am-5pm, The West Wing Room, The Ridges Golf Course, 2311 Griffith Ave., Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494. Teams of four to six participate in a scavenger hunt from 10am-3pm. Scavenger team members gather for a bucket auction, raffle and meal at 3pm. Proceeds are donated to Restoring Hope Transplant House in Madison and UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund.
- April 29: Recycle Yourself Fun Run/Walk, 10am-2pm, Wildwood Park, 1800 S. Roddis Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449. Organized by Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital Donation Committee. Proceeds will benefit Ministry St. Joseph's families of organ, tissue and eye donors with care bags and support services. Meet Wisconsin's Dottie Donor Dot mascot and stop by the donation education table for information on how to register on Wisconsin's Donor Registry.