Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- April 22: Third Annual Central Wisconsin Gift of Life Scavenger Hunt, 10am-5pm, The West Wing Room, The Ridges Golf Course, 2311 Griffith Ave., Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494. Teams of four to six participate in a scavenger hunt from 10am-3pm. Scavenger team members gather for a bucket auction, raffle and meal at 3pm. Proceeds are donated to Restoring Hope Transplant House in Madison and UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund. Registration form available
- April 25: St. Agnes Hospital Donate Life Table, 11:30am-1pm, Cafeteria entrance, 430 E. Division St., Fond du Lac, WI 54935
- April 27: Bellin Hospital National Donate Life Month Education Awareness, 11am-1pm, 744 S. Webster St, Green Bay, WI 54301.
- April 28: HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital "Penwheels for Life" Donation Awareness Event, 1-2:30pm, 900 W. Clairemont Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
- April 29: Recycle Yourself Fun Run/Walk, 10am-2pm, Wildwood Park, 1800 S. Roddis Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449. Organized by Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital Donation Committee. Proceeds will benefit Ministry St. Joseph's families of organ, tissue and eye donors with care bags and support services. Meet Wisconsin's Dottie Donor Dot mascot and stop by the donation education table for information on how to register on Wisconsin's Donor Registry.
- April 29: "Love Rockford Day," Jeremiah Development Churches (specific location to be determined), 10am-2pm, community organ donation education table, Rockford, Ill. A variety of events include the opportunity to be linked with counseling and housing services. Medical volunteers will provide blood pressure checks and hearing and vision tests, get a haircut or receive a manicure, and kids can enjoy face painting or other children's activities. Hungry stomachs will be met with a free lunch and a box of food will be available to take home. Residents will be able to "shop" in the clothing room and bookstore. Bicycles will be repaired and live music will engage the crowds. Those seeking spiritual renewal will have an opportunity to receive prayers and blessings.
- May 4: "The Gift of Hope: Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation with UW Organ and Tissue Donation, 6:30pm. Mount Horeb Library, 105 Perimeter Rd, Mount Horeb, WI 53572. Registration appreciated; email email@example.com. Hear a UW Health Transplant program volunteer who has a very personal donation connection. Learn the facts about the need for donors, how many Wisconsin neighbors are waiting for the gift and the lifesaving impact donation has. You'll also discover how to register as a donor and hear an overview of the donation process.
- May 6: Eau Claire Marathon Expo and Third Annual Cheri Uelmen Fantastically Fun Kids Run (including a Diaper Dash), honoring donor Cheri Uelmen's gifts of life and hope to others. Expo Hours 10am-4pm; Kids Run takes place in the afternoon, UW-Eau Claire McPhee Center, 509 University Dr., Eau Claire, WI 54701
- May 10: Wisconsin Employee Trust Funds "Well Wisconsin Expo," 9am-2pm, Monona Terrace, 1 John Nolen Dr., Madison, WI 53703
- May 29: Eau Claire Memorial Day Parade, 9:30am. "Organ Donation Awareness" unit, including Wisconsin’s donor registration mascot, Dottie Donor Dot. Parade route begins at Wilson Park and ends at Owen Park.
- June 3: Dairy Fest Parade "Organ Donation Awareness" unit, Marshfield, WI. Parade begins at 11am, with more than 70 parade units travelling from 2nd and Central to the Fairgrounds.
- June 9: Ministry St. Joseph's Festival Foods Brat Barn Organ Donation Awareness, 10am-8pm, 1613 N. Central Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449.
- June 9: Bellin 10K Run Health Fair, donation education booth, 3pm-8pm, Astor Park, 1100 Portier St., Green Bay, WI 54301
- June 11: Fourth Annual "Hit Er' Whiff" Joshua J. Richards Charitable Foundation Golf Outing, 10am-5pm, Mid Vallee Golf Course, 3850 Mid Valley Dr., De Pere, WI 54115. Register for the outing. This event honors Josh, who was tragically killed Dec. 8, 2013, in a senseless act of violence. Josh was a registered organ donor and saved lives through his gifts of hope with seven organs, restored sight for two and enhanced the lives of more than 75 people, including his mother, with his gifts of tissue.
- June 22: (Closed event) Wisconsin Department of Corrections Employee Health Fair, 10am-1pm; Training Center, 3099 E. Washington Ave, Madison