Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Oct. 14: "Donate Life Wisconsin" night at the Madison Capitols Hockey Team Season Opener. Get your picture taken with Dottie Donor Dot. Stop at the Donate Life Wisconsin booth at the East or West lobby doors and receive a free gift. A portion of each ticket sale will benefit Donate Life Wisconsin's education fund. Watch the Madison Capitols Hockey Team play the Green Bay Gamblers, 7pm at Veterans Memorial Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Ctr Way, Madison, WI 53713.
- Oct. 14: Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Race, Spring Lake Speedway, B4854 Highway F, Unity, WI, 54488, 4pm-6pm.
- Oct. 15: Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Race, Spring Lake Speedway, B4854 Highway F, Unity, WI, 54488, 5pm-7pm.
- Oct. 27: Aspirus Greenheck "Health and Wellness" Fair, 734 Ross Ave, Schofield, WI 54476, 11am-5pm. Spin the organ donation prize wheel, answer a question and win a prize. Meet Dottie Donor Dot and have your picture taken with her.
- Nov. 6: 2016 PNC Milwaukee Running Festivaland support the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW). Raise money while you train! Commit your support and become a member of TEAM24/7. Veteran's Park, 1010 N Lincoln Memorial Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53202. Register for the Milwaukee Running Festival, select the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW) as the charity of your choice.
- Nov. 12: "Hungry4Some Supper Myself Run/Walk" honoring organ donor Chris Rector. Hungry 4 Some Supper Myself raises awareness and educates on organ donation and raises funds for the Baraboo Food Pantry and the Christian M. Rector Memorial Scholarship. 9:15am 1 Mile Kid's Run Start; 10:15a 10K Start; 10:30am 5K Start. Kids can meet Dottie Donor Dot from 9am-10:30am.
- Nov. 13: National Donor Sabbath, First United Methodist Church, 203 Wisconsin Ave., Madison, WI, 53703; 9am and 10:30am services with coffee fellowship following the 10:30am service. Speaker at services and educational information available.
- Nov. 19 and 20: "Brava" Magazine "Women's Expo," Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Ctr Way, Madison, WI 53713. Friday, 10am-4pm and Saturday, 10am-4pm. Stop at the UW Health booth and play the Organ Donation Prize Wheel Game while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation.
- Nov. 20: Third Annual "Shop for Phia" craft and vendor fair, 9am-3pm, Darboy Club, N9695 County N, Appleton, WI, 54915. More than 60 crafters and vendors selling items just in time for holiday shopping. The Darboy Club also offers a morning brunch. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund to promote awareness about the Wisconsin Donor Registry and the need for organ donors and to the Lurie Children's Hospital.
- Dec. 6: Living Well Before and After Transplant - Cancer Screenings for the New Year. Transplant recipients, wait list patients, family and friends can attend a free session to learn about important health care issues for recipients. Register to attend in person or watch a webinar of the session
- Jan. 20-21: Well Expo at the Monona Terrace and Convention Center, Madison; Friday, 3-8pm; Saturday, 9am-4pm. Stop at the UW Health booth and play the organ donation prize wheel game while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation and register as an organ donor.
- Jan. 21: "A Day for Jay" at the Wild Horse Saloon, 9031 County Rd WW, Wisconsin Rapids, WI. A fundraiser for a kidney recipient with an educational booth about organ donation.
- Jan. 21: National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin "Spotlight on Life" gala in Milwaukee from 6–10pm. Spotlight on Life is a unique celebration of the gift of life. Representatives from donation and transplant organizations take professional dance lessons and compete toe-to-toe on the dance floor. The event leaves the crowd cheering and promotes organ, tissue, and eye donation. Patients, families, and supporters tune in across the country via a live stream to continue the celebration at home.
- Jan. 26–28: Working Together Wisconsin EMS Convention and Exposition, Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee. UW Health Booth will feature many departments, including UW Organ and Tissue Donation.