Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Aug. 26 - Ted's Trek, Glow Fun Run/Walk and Post-Run Party, 8:30pm, Dale's Weston Lanes, 5902 Schofield Ave., Weston. More information
- Aug. 27 - Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 4:30pm-6pm, Plymouth Dirt Track, 229 Fairview Dr., Plymouth, WI 53703
- Aug. 28 - Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 3:45pm-6pm, Seymour Raceway Park, 637 N Main St, Seymour, WI 54165
- Sept. 2 - Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Shawano Speedway at Shawano County Fairgrounds, 990 E Green Bay St., Shawano, WI 54166
- Sept. 3 - Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 5:30pm-7pm, Manitowoc Speedway at Manitowoc Expo Center, 4921 Expo Dr., Manitowoc, WI 54220
- Sept. 3 – Beloit Farmer’s Market: 10am-1pm on State Street and Grand Avenue in Beloit, WI.
- Sept. 4 – Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, Time TBD, Seymour Raceway Park, 637 N. Main St., Seymour, WI 54165
- Sept. 5 – Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 4:30-7pm, Golden Sands Speedway, 10992 Highway 54, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
- Sept. 9-10 – Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, 4:45-7:15pm, Marshfield Motor Speedway, 10853 County Road H, Marshfield, WI 54449
- Sept. 16-17 – Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, Time TBD, Chilton Speedway at Calumet County Fairgrounds, 200 W Chestnut St, Calumet, WI 53014
- Sept. 17 – Third annual Josh Richards STINGER Poker Run, Mountain Springs Motel and Campground, 12482 State Highway 64 and Hwy 32, Suring, WI 54174. Proceeds benefit the Josh Richards Foundation, which raises awareness about organ, tissue and eye donation, supports the UW Organ and Tissue Donation Education Fund and underprivileged children and organizations that promote and participate in healthy life choices. More information
- Sept. 17 – Kickin' For a Cure: Alaina's Angels Coed Kickball Tournament: This community event supports the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and will be held at Pioneer Park in the Town of Middleton. Many people with Cystic Fibrosis go on to have a organ transplant, explaining the need for organ donation awareness at an event like this. If you are available, we encourage you to form a team and participate in this fun, family-friendly event. Games start at 10am. To register to participate, please follow the directions on the event Facebook page.
- Sept. 17 – 3rd Annual It's Just a Stinger Poker Run: This fun-filled event is brought to you by the Josh Richards Foundation as it continues to promote the importance of organ, tissue and eye donation. The event will be held at Mountain Springs Motel and Campground, 12482 State Highway 64 & Highway 32, Suring, WI 54174. ATV, motorcycle, car or bus - the choice is yours. For more information, visit the event Facebook page.
- Sept. 18 - Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour Donation Awareness, Time TBD, Jefferson Speedway, W8135 Highway 18, Jefferson, WI 53523
- Sept. 19-23 – National DMV Appreciation Week
- Sept. 21 – Altra Federal Credit Union Employee Health Fair: UW OTD will have a booth at this event at Altra Federal Credit Union, 1700 Oak Forest Dr, Onalaska, WI from 7:30-11am.
- Sept. 27 – 9th Annual Women's Night Out: UW OTD will have a booth at this event. There will be a keynote speaker (Theresa Rose), raffles, refreshments along with fun and beneficial activities. The event will be held at Mauston High School, 800 Grayside Ave., Mauston, WI 53948, from 4-9pm. For more information, please visit the event website.
- Sept. 30 – Join the Parade of Hope for Life group as they walk in the Shawano County Chamber of Commerce Homecoming Parade to promote the importance of organ donation. Line up begins at 5pm on Elizabeth Street and the parade starts at 6pm. To register to walk with the Parade of Hope for Life group, please visit the event Facebook page.