Get Involved with Organ Donation
- April 11: Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire, celebrate National Blue and Green Day by signing up on the registry and wearing blue and green to support organ, tissue and eye donation.
- April 12: Swedish American Hospital, Rockford, IL. Join the Lifesavers team as we run to promote organ, tissue and eye donation in the Red Shoe Run in Rockford.
- April 16: Registry Event: Encircle Health. Dottie and her volunteers will work to register more donors.
- April 16: Gift of Life Educational Event, 2-4pm at Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center in the De Angelis Room. Panel discussion by local people who have been impacted by organ donation/transplantation. If you would like to learn more about the inspiring stories of ordinary people, please join us. Refreshments will be provided. From 11am-1pm staff will be available to assist people to register.
- April 23: Registry Event: St. Mary’s Hospital, Green Bay. Wear orange to support donation and register as a donor.
- April 24: Registry Event: St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay. Wear orange to support donation and register as a donor.
- April 30: Marion College Health Fair, Marion College gymnasium, Fond du Lac. Community health fair and donation promotion event.
- April 30: Gift of Life: Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation Converence, Gundersen Health System, La Crosse. Conference for healthcare providers who manage potential organ, tissue and eye donors. Conference information and registration
- May 3: Three Rivers 5K Run/Walk (part of Grandad's Half Marathon weekend). Run/Walk starts at 8:30am from Riverside Park, La Crosse. Meet Dottie and other Donate Life walkers at the Band Shell prior to the 8:30am start. Register at http://www.lacrossefitnessfestival.com/
- May 10: Race 4 Life Scavenger Hunt. Sponsored by North Central Wisconsin Donate Life, Wausau. ncwdonatelife.org
- May 14: Educational Session: Exercise Before and After Transplant, led by UW Health exercise specialist Stefanie Brueggemann. UW Health Digestive Health Center, first floor auditorium. 6-7:30pm.
- May 26: Donate Life team and Dottie will participate in the Eau Claire parade.
- July 14-18: Donate Life US Transplant Games, Houston, TX
- July 17: Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin Golf Outing, Weatern Lakes Golf Club, Pewaukee. Event brochure (pdf)
- July 19: Donor Awareness Concert at Barneveld Lutheran Church. Entertainers are 'The Church Sisters' from Virginia. Contact Al Wright for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 26: Legacy of Life Day, Madison. A day of celebration for transplant recipients, living donors, donor families, health care professionals and volunteers. kidneywi.org
- July 26: Capital City Run Walk for Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation, Madison. Registration is open! kidneywi.org
- August 8: David Duranceau Memorial Golf Event, Mid Vallee Golf Club, DePere
- August 16: Hailey Rath Memorial Event, Beloit: www.haileyrath5k.org
September 6: Donna Frett Foundation Golf Event, McHenry, IL: www.frettfoundation.org