Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Sept. 19-23 – National DMV Appreciation Week
- Sept. 21 – Altra Federal Credit Union Employee Health Fair: UW OTD will have a booth at this event at Altra Federal Credit Union, 1700 Oak Forest Dr, Onalaska, WI from 7:30-11am.
- Sept. 27 – 9th Annual Women's Night Out: UW OTD will have a booth at this event. There will be a keynote speaker (Theresa Rose), raffles, refreshments along with fun and beneficial activities. The event will be held at Mauston High School, 800 Grayside Ave., Mauston, WI 53948, from 4-9pm. For more information, please visit the event website.
- Sept. 30 – Join the Parade of Hope for Life group as they walk in the Shawano County Chamber of Commerce Homecoming Parade to promote the importance of organ donation. Line up begins at 5pm on Elizabeth Street and the parade starts at 6pm. To register to walk with the Parade of Hope for Life group, please visit the event Facebook page.
- Oct. 1: Mayo Clinic Health Systems “Fall Into Better Health” Wellness Event, 10am-2pm, MCHS Kiosk (near Scheels), Oakwood Mall, Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Oct. 1: Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Race, 11:30am-3pm, Wisconsin International Raceway, W1460 County Road KK, Kaukauna, WI 54130
- Oct. 2: HELPHOPELIVE for Janice Smith Fundraiser to Benefit the Northwest Kidney Transplant Fund, 3pm-5pm, Masonic Lodge of Jefferson, 617 Masonic Blvd, Jefferson, WI. A Basket Raffle, Wine and Ice Cream Social raises funds to offset medical costs and lost wages for Karen Woodland to travel to Portland, OR to donate one of her kidneys to her mother, Janice, who suffers from an incurable, chronic Polycystic Kidney Disease.
- Oct. 5: Marinette County Wisconsin Health Fair, 11am-1:30pm, UW-Marinette Field House, University Drive, Marinette, WI.
- Oct. 10: University Hospital “Go Orange Day”, 11am-1pm, University Hospital, 600 N. Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792. Visit the “Go Orange” booth on the Lower Level Atrium (H Elevators) near the cafeteria. Have your picture taken with Dottie Donor Dot! Register as an organ donor or show your driver license or State I.D. with the donor symbol and receive a free string backpack.
- Oct. 14: “Donate Life Wisconsin” night at the Madison Capitols Hockey Team Season Opener. Get your picture taken with Dottie Donor Dot. Stop at the Donate Life Wisconsin booth at the East or West lobby doors and receive a free gift. A portion of each ticket sale will benefit Donate Life Wisconsin’s education fund. Watch the Madison Capitols Hockey Team play the Green Bay Gamblers, 7pm at Veterans Memorial Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Ctr Way, Madison, WI 53713.
- Oct. 14: Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Race, Spring Lake Speedway, B4854 Highway F, Unity, WI, 54488, 4pm-6pm.
- Oct. 15: Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Race, Spring Lake Speedway, B4854 Highway F, Unity, WI, 54488, 5pm-7pm.
- Oct. 27: Aspirus Greenheck “Health and Wellness” Fair, 734 Ross Ave, Schofield, WI 54476, 11am-5pm. Spin the organ donation prize wheel, answer a question and win a prize. Meet Dottie Donor Dot and have your picture taken with her.
- Nov. 6: 2016 PNC Milwaukee Running Festivaland support the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW). Raise money while you train! Commit your support and become a member of TEAM24/7. Veteran’s Park, 1010 N Lincoln Memorial Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53202. Register for the Milwaukee Running Festival, select the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW) as the charity of your choice.
- Nov. 12: “Hungry4Some Supper Myself Run/Walk” honoring organ donor Chris Rector. Hungry 4 Some Supper Myself raises awareness and educates on organ donation and raises funds for the Baraboo Food Pantry and the Christian M. Rector Memorial Scholarship. 9:15a 1 Mile Kid’s Run Start; 10:15a 10K Start; 10:30am 5K Start. Kids can meet Dottie Donor Dot from 9am-10:30am.
- Nov. 19 and 20: “Brava” Magazine "Women’s Expo," Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Ctr Way, Madison, WI 53713. Friday, 10am-4pm and Saturday, 10am-4pm. Stop at the UW Health booth and play the Organ Donation Prize Wheel Game while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation.