Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- May 29: Eau Claire Memorial Day Parade, 9:30am. "Organ Donation Awareness" unit, including Wisconsin’s donor registration mascot, Dottie Donor Dot. Parade route begins at Wilson Park and ends at Owen Park.
- June 3: Dairy Fest Parade "Organ Donation Awareness" unit, Marshfield, WI. Parade begins at 11am, with more than 70 parade units travelling from 2nd and Central to the Fairgrounds.
- June 9: Ministry St. Joseph's Festival Foods Brat Barn Organ Donation Awareness, 10am-8pm, 1613 N. Central Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449.
- June 9: Bellin 10K Run Health Fair, donation education booth, 3pm-8pm, Astor Park, 1100 Portier St., Green Bay, WI 54301.
- June 10: Sixth Annual Upper Peninsula Run for Life, 9am-2pm, Mattson Lower Harbor Park, 152 N. Lakeshore Blvd., Marquette, MI 49855. The event will include 10k and 5k runs, a walk and the Cody Revord Memorial Kids Run (10 and under). This year, the kids' run will be held in memory of Cody Revord. Cody passed away in February 2015 at the age of 17 due to a traumatic brain injury suffered in a snowboarding accident. He gave the gift of life to two people by donating his organs. His family and friends honor his memory by promoting organ donation and helmet safety. Visit the event Facebook page
- June 11: Fourth Annual "Hit Er' Whiff" Joshua J. Richards Charitable Foundation Golf Outing, 10am-5pm, Mid Vallee Golf Course, 3850 Mid Valley Dr., De Pere, WI 54115. Register for the outing. This event honors Josh, who was tragically killed Dec. 8, 2013, in a senseless act of violence. Josh was a registered organ donor and saved lives through his gifts of hope with seven organs, restored sight for two and enhanced the lives of more than 75 people, including his mother, with his gifts of tissue.
- June 17: Wisconsin Conference of United Methodist Churches, 10am-4:30pm, Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q. Hammons Dr., Middleton, WI 53562.
- June 22: (Closed event) Wisconsin Department of Corrections Employee Health Fair, 10am-1pm; Training Center, 3099 E. Washington Ave, Madison