Flags Across America 2010 Takes Off!
Donate Life America is partnering once again with transplant centers, donor hospitals, recovery agencies and the public at large in a huge celebration of life.
During National Donate Life Month 2010, and throughout the year, we are encouraging everyone to fly Donate Life flags in honor of organ, eye and tissue donors everywhere. Show your support and rally your community around our efforts to increase donor designations with some of these ideas:
- Display flags at donor recognition ceremonies.
- Present a Donate Life flag to each transplant recipient.
- Request that hospitals fly a Donate Life flag (either outdoors or in the lobby) whenever a donation case is in progress. Afterwards, present that flag to the donor family.
- Build a press event around a flag raising ceremony and use that opportunity for the hospital CEO to encourage all hospital employees to designate their donation decision.
- Place Donate Life garden flags in donor gardens or other workplace garden spaces.
- Place Donate Life flags in the lobby or office of Workplace Partners, DMVs and churches.
- Put Donate Life car flags on hospital and recovery vehicles.
Donor family members, waiting patients and recipients are being encouraged to visit the DLA store to order individual flags. Other Donate Life merchandise is available on this site as well.
A wide variety of flags are available this year:
- Large flag: 5' wide by 3' tall. Available with just the DL logo, the DL logo with Donation Saves Lives written under the logo, the DL logo with Honoring Organ, Eye & Tissue Donors written under it, or the Done Vida logo. These are $25/flag, no matter which style you order.
- House flag (new this year): 2' 4" wide by 3' 4" tall (DL logo) is $20/flag.
- Garden flag: 12" wide by 16" tall is $8/flag.
- Car flag (new this year): 15" wide by 11.5" tall. Mounted on a 21" stiff plastic pole with a window clip on it (you roll down your window - clip the flag onto the window - then roll up your window and the pole sticks out a couple of inches from your car with the flag on top) Cost is $7.50/flag.
- Stick flag: (new this year): 6" wide by 4" tall. Comes on an 11" black stick (you can hold in your hand and wave at a parade, etc.) Cost is $2.75/flag.
- Two special orders are available - they can make the basic flag with the Donate Life logo in larger sizes if a hospital would like one larger than 5' by 3' or they can also make a banner that is 6' by 8' with grommets in all four corners. Cost will be based on the quantities ordered.
Stay tuned for future updates, announcements, resources and Flags Across America ideas you can use in your community.