Good Friends, Great Events
Two wonderful events that benefit the UW Health Donor Education Fund were recently held in Green Bay and Beloit. Our thanks to the dedicated family members, volunteers and community members who work to make these events a success every year.
- Hailey Rath Memorial Event: The fourth annual Hailey Rath Memorial Event was held on August 21 at The Rock in Beloit. The event, which started in 2007, honors Hailey Rath, who was an organ donor at age 13. The day includes a 5K race/walk, music, food and fun for all ages. This year's event included 200 runners and walkers, with more than 500 people attending the music festival throughout the day. Since its inception, the event has raised more than $40,000. Proceeds go to the UW Health Donor Education Fund, whose mission is to increase organ donation, with additional funds going toward scholarships in memory of Hailey.
- David Duranceau Golf Outing: This event, now in its seventh year, was held on August 13 at Thornberry Creek Country Club near Green Bay. More than 150 golfers hit the links to honor David's love of golf and to raise funds for the UW Health Donor Education Fund and The Restoring Hope Transplant House in Middleton. David, who was both a recipient and a donor, passed away in 2003. More than 200 people enjoyed the dinner, raffle prizes and music at this year's event.
- September 11, 2010: The Donna Frett Organ Donation Foundation is sponsoring a fundraising golf tournament at Boone Creek Golf Club in McHenry, Illinois, to honor Dustin Rozmenowski (Donna's donor). For details, please contact Donna at (815) 344-5221 or email@example.com or complete and send Donna's registration form (pdf).
- September 11, 2010: An organ donation awareness event from 10am-3pm at Oakwood Mall in Eau Claire. Contact Kelly Buchholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- September 11, 2010: The LaCrosse Downtown Rotatry Club is hosting an organ donation event at this year's Steppin' Out in Pink .
- September 12, 2010: Dottie will appear at the Kidney Walk, Fox Brook Park, Brookfield, 9am-noon. For more information, contact Kimberly Mueller at 262-821-0705, ext. 12.
- September 12, 2010: The Rib Mountain Fire Department is sponsoring a registration drive from 11:30am-3:30pm in Wausau, Wisconsin.
- September 12, 2010: Walkers are welcome for a kidney walk from 10am-3pm at Fox Brook Park in Brookfield. Get more information at www.kidneywalk.org/wisconsin .
- September 19, 2010: Exchange Family Resource Center annual fundraiser and donation awareness event, 10am - 3pm, Silah Quarry, Janesville, Wisconsin
- October 2, 2010: PDK Walk (walkers welcome!) at Colburn Park in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Contact Jessie Soik at (920) 217-1665 or email@example.com for more information.
- October 5, 2010: Donor registry drive, 2-4pm, Beloit College in Beloit, Wisconsin
- October 5, 2010: Donor registry drive at the Mauston Night Out in Mauston, Wisconsin.
January 29, 2011: Spotlight on Life at InterContinental Milwaukee. Get more information at http://www.spotlightonlife.org/