Nutrition and Wellness: Informational Videos
Gail Underbakke, RD, MS, nutrition coordinator for UW Health's Preventive Cardiology Program, lectures at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health.
Nutrition and Health Education at UW Health employs registered dietitians to provide medical nutrition therapy for inpatients and outpatients.
Below are links to nutrition-oriented videos from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and other UW Health experts.
- Healthy Ways to Cope With Your Diabetes: Mickey Pagoaga, RN, CDE, provides sensible strategies to deal with the challenges of diabetes.
- Insulin and Travel Tips: Mickey Pagoaga, RN, CDE, talks about the basics of insulin use.
- Eating for Blood Vessel Health: Amy Podmolik, RD, CDE, discusses eating while keeping in mind that diabetes is a blood vessel disease.
- Healthy Eating on the Run: Sarah Schumacher, RD, CDE, shares helpful tips to consider when eating on the run.
- Foot Care Tips: Cheryl Franz, RN, CDE, shows how diabetes patients can protect their feet.
- Meter Tips and Frequently Asked Questions: Cheryl Franz, RN, CDE, shares blood glucose monitoring tips and strategies.
- Nutrition Tips to Manage Your Diabetes: Alisa Sunness, RD, CDE, shares nutritional tips to help manage diabetes.
- Eating a Heart-Healthy Diet: The UW Health Heart and Vascular Care Healthy Choices video series is designed to help you create a heart-healthy diet.
- The Truth about Diets: Make sense of competing messages about nutrition and your health. Dietitian Gail Underbakke, MS, RD, reviews the scientific literature to help you develop a personal nutrition plan that makes sense.
- Understanding and Improving Nutrition Environments in Grocery Stores and Restaurants: Karen Glanz, PhD, MPH, from the Emory Prevention Research Center, gives an overview of nutritional environments and policies, describes restaurant and labeling policies and gives a glimpse into the future.
- Nutrition for a Busy Life: Dietitian Gail Underbakke, MS, RD, talks about how the foods we eat affect our bodies and discusses a basic approach to healthy eating.
- The Search for Optimal Diets - A Progress Report: Walter Willett, MD, MPH, chairman of the department of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health, speaks.
- Which Diet Works - A Nutrition Review: Dietitian Gail Underbakke, RD, MS, discusses the effectiveness of diets at the Cardiovascular Medicine Grand Rounds.
- What to Eat - Personal or Social Responsibility: Professor Marion Nestle speaks about the personal and social responsibilities surrounding what we eat.
- Vascular Biology of Atherosclerosis and Beneficial Effects of Grape Flavonoids - Is it Really True?: John Folts, PhD, discusses the beneficial effects of flavonoids.
- Commercial Calories - Food Marketing to Children: Susan Linn speaks about how food is marketed to youngsters.
- How Much Sugar Is In Your Drink?: UW Health registered dietitian Cassie Vanderwall demonstrates how much sugar is actually in commonly consumed beverages such as sweet tea, juice and smoothies.
- Three Tips to Reduce Food Waste and Eat Healthier: UW Health dietitian Cassie Vanderwall offers three simple tips that can help you save money, reduce food waste and eat healthier.