Nutrition and Health Education: Recipes
Nutrition and Health Education at UW Health employs registered dietitians to provide medical nutrition therapy for inpatients and outpatients.
Below are some recipes and links to sites that promote sound nutrition and health. You can use these recipes to broaden your nutritional horizons and bolster your current meal plans with food that's both delicious and good for you.
Eating For Your Health
Whether you're looking for healthy breakfast ideas, or after-school snacks, UW Health offers Eating For Your Health. Learn cooking techniques in the "Cooking Outside the Box" video series, find articles on nutrition and wellness, and delicious recipes for any occasion.
- Chicken Creole
- Easy Baked Squash
- Easy Salmon Filets
- Brown Rice (Leftover Turkey) Soup
- Pumpkin Pie - regular and lower carbohydrate versions
On the Internet
- Dole 5-A-Day: Includes lots of ideas to help you incorporate fruits and vegetables into your daily meal plan.
- AllRecipes.com: Comprehensive recipe database that will let you search by ingredient or food type.
- FoodNetwork.com: Great ideas to increase variety of foods in your meal planning. Rates recipes as easy to hard so you know how much time you need to plan.
- Delicious Decisions: Find out just how much "delicious" and "nutritious" have in common from the American Heart Association.
- MyPyramid.gov: Offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan and assess your food choices.
- CooksRecipes.com: Many ideas provided on main web page. You can also search by type of dish.
- Cooking Light: Includes food information, menu planning and healthy lifestyle tips.
- Eating Well: Where good taste meets good health.
- Epicurious: Offers a wide variety of ideas.