Nutrition and Health Education: Informational Videos
Gail Underbakke, RD, MS, nutrition coordinator for UW Health's Preventive Cardiology Program, lectures at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health.
Below are links to nutrition-oriented videos from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
- Healthy Ways to Cope With Your Diabetes: Mickey Pagoaga, RN, CDE, provides sensible strategies to deal with the challenges of diabetes.
- Insulin and Travel Tips: Mickey Pagoaga, RN, CDE, talks about the basics of insulin use.
- Eating for Blood Vessel Health: Amy Podmolik, RD, CDE, discusses eating while keeping in mind that diabetes is a blood vessel disease.
- Healthy Eating on the Run: Sarah Schumacher, RD, CDE, shares helpful tips to consider when eating on the run.
- Foot Care Tips: Cheryl Franz, RN, CDE, shows how diabetes patients can protect their feet.
- Meter Tips and Frequently Asked Questions: Cheryl Franz, RN, CDE, shares blood glucose monitoring tips and strategies.
- Nutrition Tips to Manage Your Diabetes: Alisa Sunness, RD, CDE, shares nutritional tips to help manage diabetes.
- Eating a Heart-Healthy Diet: The UW Health Heart and Vascular Care Healthy Choices video series is designed to help you create a heart-healthy diet.
- The Truth about Diets: Make sense of competing messages about nutrition and your health. Dietitian Gail Underbakke, MS, RD, reviews the scientific literature to help you develop a personal nutrition plan that makes sense.
- Understanding and Improving Nutrition Environments in Grocery Stores and Restaurants: Karen Glanz, PhD, MPH, from the Emory Prevention Research Center, gives an overview of nutritional environments and policies, describes restaurant and labeling policies and gives a glimpse into the future.
- Nutrition for a Busy Life: Dietitian Gail Underbakke, MS, RD, talks about how the foods we eat affect our bodies and discusses a basic approach to healthy eating.
- The Search for Optimal Diets - A Progress Report: Walter Willett, MD, MPH, chairman of the department of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health, speaks.
- Which Diet Works - A Nutrition Review: Dietitian Gail Underbakke, RD, MS, discusses the effectiveness of diets at the Cardiovascular Medicine Grand Rounds.
- What to Eat - Personal or Social Responsibility: Professor Marion Nestle speaks about the personal and social responsibilities surrounding what we eat.
- Vascular Biology of Atherosclerosis and Beneficial Effects of Grape Flavonoids - Is it Really True?: John Folts, PhD, discusses the beneficial effects of flavonoids.
- Commercial Calories - Food Marketing to Children: Susan Linn speaks about how food is marketed to youngsters.