Crock-Pot Apple Chicken Stew
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 large tart apples, peeled an cubed
- 1 ¼ cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- Combine thyme, pepper and caraway; sprinkle half over vegetables.
- In a skillet, sauté chicken cubes in oil, until browned.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and top with apple.
- Combine the apple cider and vinegar. Pour over chicken and apple.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture.
- Top with bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir before serving.
Calories - 407
Fat - 13 g
Sodium - 670 mg
Fiber - 5 g
Protein - 33 g