UW Hospital and Clinics Nursing: Mission, Values and Vision
(608) 263-6500 (phone)
(608) 263-5778 (fax)
UW Health Recruitment Center, 301 S. Westfield Road, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53717
Nurses at UW Hospital and Clinics are the foremost champions of the UW Hospital and Clinics mission to “advance health care without compromise through service, scholarship, science and social responsibility.”
By their assessment, decisions, actions, words and deeds, nurses at UW Hospital and Clinics live the promise of providing patient and family centered care across the continuum of health and illness. The UW Hospital and Clinics Nursing Professional Practice Model supports the organization’s four core purposes: service, scholarship, science and social responsibility.
The following three domains of the professional practice model actualize the four core purposes:
- Clinical Practice Supports Service: providing the best possible patient care experience and outcomes for all those who need our services and providing programs that support the health and wellness of individuals and populations
- Professional Development Supports Scholarship and Science: delivering contemporary education for current and future generations of health professionals and conducting a broad range of research to discover the most promising ways to promote health and to prevent, detect and treat illness in people and communities
- Leadership Speaks to Social Responsibility: doing what is best for the communities we serve through policy advocacy, health care delivery and public health
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, and we work continuously to improve our performance and exceed expectations.
- Innovation: We pride ourselves on finding new and better ways to enhance quality of care and all aspects of our work.
- Compassion: We treat patients, families, learners and each other with kindness and empathy. We connect with patients and families individually and personally and engage them as partners in decisions about their care.
- Integrity: In all of our decisions, we are guided by doing what's right, at the right time in the right place. We focus on the best interests of the patients. We are always respectful and honest with each other, learners and our patients.
- Respect: We honor patients' right to privacy and confidentiality. We value differences among individuals and groups and we actively listen, encourage feedback and choose the best way to deliver timely and meaningful information.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves individually and collectively responsible for the work we do and for the outcomes and experience of every patient, every learner, every day.