Free Online Seminars to Encourage Heart-Healthy Lifestyles for Women
Madison, Wisconsin - UW Health has created a free online learning series to help women better understand the risk factors of heart disease, motivate them to make and meet healthier exercise and dietary goals and provide strategies for personal lifelong wellness.
The series, called "Go Red for Women, Go Red for YOU," will feature live presentations by UW Health clinicians on some of the most important heart-health topics for women.
Offered throughout the month of February, the presentations are free of charge and available to anybody with an internet connection. Each of the following sessions will be held from noon-12:30pm:
- Go Red For YOU! Understand Your Risk (Friday, February 1)
- Getting to Goal: Making Lifestyle Changes that Stick (Wednesday, February 6)
- Eating for Heart Health (Tuesday, February 12)
- Chair Yoga: Stretching for Wellness (Thursday, February 21)
- Mindfulness for Heart Health (Wednesday, February 27)
Presentations will also be recorded and made available for viewing 48 hours after the live presentation.
For the past six years, UW Health has been a proud sponsor of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Movement, which is helping women across the country and in our community to become heart healthy. According to the AHA, heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women over the age of 25, claiming more lives than all types of cancer combined.
Date Published: 01/24/2013