Neuropsychological Testing Appointments
Mailing Address Neuropsychology Clinic
UW Hospital and Clinics
600 Highland Ave., H4/6
Madison, WI 53792
- Who the patient is
- Any concerns
- If there is a guardian we should contact instead of the patient
If the patient and/or doctor are outside the UW Health system or the patient is being referred from UW Psychiatry, please send patient reports/records relevant to the specific referral. It is not necessary to send all records, but most helpful to provide us with the notes in which the neuropsychological referral is referenced and notes on the last one or two visits. Our team will triage referrals once all information is received and then the patient or patient's guardian will be contacted within one week after the information is received to schedule an appointment. No special forms need to be filled out.
Please call the Neuropsychology Laboratory at (608) 263-5430 with any questions. A full or half-day is reserved for each patient, depending on referral issues, so the number of appointments is limited.
- To ensure as many people as possible are allowed appointments, it is very important that patients inform the clinic if they are unable to keep their scheduled appointment.
- It is also very important to check with your insurance carrier about coverage. Contact your insurance and ask if your policy covers neuropsychological testing.
- Check to see if the doctor is covered by your insurance plan.
- If a referral is needed by the insurance company, you will need to contact the doctor who referred you/your child and have him or her send a letter to your insurance company.
- If you have any questions, please call the Neuropsychology Clinic at (608) 263-5430.