Our Modules and Services
- PCSS (Patient Classification and Staffing System): Staffing tool for medical/surgical, obstetrics, pediatric, rehab and intensive care units. Incorporates projecting of known events such as admissions, discharges, education, projects, etc. Learn more about the PCSS module
- Emergency Department (ED) Log: Electronic log provides access to data and identifies historical trends by time of day and day of week. Incorporates patient acuity and length of stay for benchmarking. Includes quality indicator reporting on returns to Emergency Department, transfers, AMAs and Emergency Department minutes/hours empty for physician stand-by time and much more. Learn more about the Emergency Department Log
- OPSS (Outpatient Scheduling and Staffing): Daily schedule inclusive of procedure type, projected and actual admissions, length of stay, unplanned admissions, no-shows, cancellations, pre-op teaching and follow-up phone calls. Learn more about the OPSS module
- BHAS (Behavioral Health Acuity and Staffing): Multidisciplinary staffing tool for inpatient behavioral health units. Incorporates projecting of known events such as admissions, discharges, education, projects, etc. Learn more about the BHAS module
Implementation Support/Inter-rater Reliability and Benchmarking
- Tailoring system to your patient population and care philosophy
- On-site training to partner nursing, nursing leadership, quality, finance and administration as a team
- Follow-up consultation services and annual users conference for networking opportunities
- Annual audits completed online in January to validate inter-rater reliability
- 28-day in-depth, semi-annual data collection periods for benchmarking which is a valuable performance improvement tool that has the potential to significantly improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness and directly impact the quality of healthcare services
Note: Only organizations that participate in the annual audit competency validation are included in the Benchmarking reports.
Work Sampling Consulting Services
MESH also offers Healthcare Provider Work Sampling consulting services. The process measures and identifies potential inefficiencies in current workflows. The patient care activities identified on the data collection tool are categorized as follows:
- Direct Care: Includes activities directly related to a specific patient or family and may be performed at the patient bedside, directly outside of a patient's room or designated patient care area as determined by the facility.
- Indirect Care: Includes activities related to the patient but not occurring at the patient bedside, directly outside of the patient's room or designated patient care area. This includes communication about patients with providers or other departments, charting, medication preparation and transcription of orders.
- Unit Related: Includes activities that are essential for the functioning of the unit but not related to any one patient specifically.
- Personal Time: Includes breaks, meals, personal phone calls, and conversations with colleagues that are personal in nature, as well as any other activities that are not patient-, unit- or facility-related.
The consulting service includes:
- Measuring, analyzing and quantifying patient care time delivered by activity encounter, staff type and unit.
- Identifying best practice patterns/standards of care (policy versus practice delivery model).
- Quantitative/qualitative analysis of the data.
Quantitative/qualitative analysis of the data based upon the following criteria:
- Collecting data during five separate work shifts (two day, two evening and one night shift) with an accuracy rate of 95 percent.
- Collecting data during eight separate work shifts (three day, three evening and two night shifts) with an accuracy rate of 98 percent.
- Fees will be determined on an individual basis and dependent upon organizational size as well as the number of data collectors required on each of the shift(s).