Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium
The 47th annual Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium is designed to help emergency medical personnel improve their professional performance in the field. This symposium will benefit all levels of EMS, emergency nurses and other allied health professionals.
- Dates: June 22-24, 2015
- Location: Kalahari Resort and Convention Center
Symposium organizers are accepting requests to display exhibits at the Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium. Learn more about exhibits (pdf)
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 2.4 continuing education units (CEUs) or 24 hours.
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Application will be submitted for up to 24 hours of continuing education credits. Participants should claim only those credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Symposium Attendance Verification
Participant attendance verification forms will be stamped at the time of each session during the conference.
- Anticholinergic Toxicity (pdf) - Cynthia M. Griffin, DO, NREMT-P
- Child Life Handout (pdf) - Regina Yocum, CCLS
- Child Life, Coping and Comfort for Pediatric Patients and Families During Emergency/Trauma Care (pdf) - Amanda Roudebush, CCLS and Regina Yocum, CCLS
- Comfort Positioning for Procedures for Pediatric ED Patients (pdf) - Regina Yocum, CCLS
- D is for Disability: Altered Mental Status in Children (pdf) - Joshua Ross, MD, FAAP
- Do I Or Don't I? (pdf) - Wade Woelfle, MD, FAAEM
- Don’t Be Shocked By Shock: Complications and Pitfalls of Multi-Organ System Failure (pdf) - Yashica Seymour MD, FAAP
- Don't Be Shocked by Shock (pdf) - Jeff Wells, MD
- EMS As It Relates to the Young Adult (pdf) - Jeffrey W. Gaver, MD, DVM, FACEP
- Flight Log (pdf) - Jeffrey W. Gaver, DVM, MD, FACEP
- Flight Log: A Book About Life and Sometimes Death (pdf) - Jeffrey W. Gaver, DVM, MD, FACEP
- Mad As A Hatter ... Red as a Beet: A Case Presentation (pdf) - Janean Marr, RN, and Michael Stephens, EMTP
- Med Flight Tales (pdf) - Jeffrey W. Gaver, DVM, MD
- Musculoskeletal Injuries in Children (pdf) - Michael K. Kim, MD FAAP
- Pediatric Cardiac Arrest (pdf) - Michael K. Kim, MD FAAP
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Trauma Program (pdf) - Amy E. Liepert, MD
- What Is It? (pdf) - Wade Woelfle, MD, FAAEM