Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium
The 46th Annual Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium is designed to help emergency medical personnel improve their professional performance in the field. This symposium will benefit all levels of EMS, emergency nurses, and other allied health professionals.
- Dates: June 23-25, 2014
- Location: Kalahari Resort and Convention Center
- Book a room: Call (877) 253-5466 on or before May 21, 2014 and ask for the Emergency Care Conference 2014 Room Block to get the special symposium rates of $129 per night for a hut or $159 per night for a lodge suite
Symposium organizers are accepting requests to display exhibits at the Emergency Care and Trauma Sympsium. Learn more:
- About exhibits (pdf)
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 2.4 continuing education units (CEUs) or 24 hours.
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Application will be submitted for up to 24 hours of continuing education credit. Participants should claim only those credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Symposium Completion Report
A symposium completion report stating the number of educational hours/credits earned will be mailed three to four weeks after the symposium.
- Initial Care of Burns (Connie Handel, UW Hospital and Clinics) (ppt)
- Behavioral Emergencies (Jason King, Darlington Chief of Police) (pdf)
- Cases of the Truly Bizarre: Camels & Bats & MERS, Oh My! (ppt)
- Trauma (Dr. Lee Faucher, UW Health) (ppt)
- Burn (Dr. Lee Faucher, UW Health) (ppt)
- Burn Case (Dr. Lee Faucher, UW Health) (ppt)
- Sorting It Out (Dr. Michael Lohmeier, UW Health) (pptx)
- Delivery in the ER (Dr. Joel Henry, UW Health) (ppt)
- Pediatric Trauma (Dr. Michael Kim, UW Health) (pptx)
- A Brief Overview of Newborn Care (Dr. Michael Kim, UW Health) (pptx)
- Stroke Acute Care Case Review (Chris Whelley) (pptx)
- Best of Med Flight (Dr. Michael Abernethy, UW Health) (ppt)
- Social Media and EMS (Dr. Michael Abernethy, UW Health) (ppt)
- Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Unit (Jennifer Ullsvik and Ray Lemke) (pptx)
- Surviving The Cold: A Trauma Case Presentation (pptx)