Paying for Cosmetic Services: Frequently Asked Questions
(866) 447-9990 (toll-free)
- For cosmetic services (not covered by insurance) that cost less than $1,500, we expect payment at the time you receive your service.
- For services that cost $1,500 or more (and are not covered by insurance), we require payment at least two weeks prior to the date you receive the service(s).
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, cashier's checks, Visa and Mastercard, as well as Transformations Gift Certificates. Debit cards may be used to pay for services that cost up to $1,500.
- Financing can also be arranged through certain financial institutions. We work primarily with CareCredit. For more information, visit www.carecredit.com.
Do you charge for consultations?
- Cosmetic Procedures: Your initial consultation is free. If you wish to consult with more than one physician for the same procedure, you will be expected to pay $100 for each additional consultation at the time you receive the service.
- Reconstruction Procedures: The consultation charge will be billed to your insurer. As required by law, you will be responsible for any balance due after insurance pays.
How do I find out whether my insurance carrier will pay?
- For reconstructive services which do not require prior authorization, we will submit the charge to your insurance carrier. If your insurer pays, you will be billed for any balance due after the insurance payment. If your insurer considers the service non-covered and denies the charge, you will be responsible for full payment.
- For reconstructive services requiring prior authorization, we will coordinate prior authorization with your insurer. If your insurer authorizes the procedure, we will bill your insurance and you will be billed for any balance due after insurance pays. If your insurer fails to authorize the procedure, prepayment will be required.
What if some services are cosmetic and some services may be covered by insurance?
- You will be required to pay at the time of service for the cosmetic services received (or prepay if the services cost $1,500 or more). We will follow the procedures outlined above for services which may be covered by insurance.
What if I have prepaid for a procedure and then cancel?
- You will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% if:
- You cancel within 10 business days of the scheduled procedure, or
- You fail to follow the pre-operative instructions and the surgery cannot proceed
- You will not be assessed a cancellation fee if:
- You reschedule at the time of cancellation
- You provide notice of cancellation 10 or more business days from the date the procedure is scheduled
- You cancel due to an unusual or unfortunate circumstance
- You become ill and/or the surgery is deemed too medically risky