After-Care Instructions for Permanent Tattooing
For seven days following application of Permanent Tattooing:
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers - they may have bacteria on them and create an infection
- Apply your favorite antibiotic ointment or Vaseline 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips. We suggest Vaseline as it is non-reactive in most clients.
- No make-up, tinting of lashes or brows, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the ocean for 7-10 days (until area is completely healed) post-procedure and after all touch-ups
- Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regimen until the procedure area has completely healed.
- Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing - pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue
- Use a sunblock after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color
- Do not use products that contain AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) or Retinol A or similar lightening products on the procedure area (example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Check your product labeling.). These products will fade your pigment color.
- Try to sleep on a satin pillowcase while the procedure area is healing
- If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for one year following your permanent makeup application (per Red Cross guidelines)
- Touch-up visits should be scheduled approximately three months post-procedure
- All permanent tattooing procedures are a two-step process. Results are not determined until touch-up application is completed.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please notify your Jeune Skin Care technician immediately: call (608) 836-9990 or (866) 447-9990 (toll-free)
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using product and call your technician immediately: (608) 836-9990 or (866) 447-9990 (toll-free). You may be allergic to the after-care product you are using.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss
- All permanent tattooing procedures are a two-step process. We suggest a color refresher every 2-5 years to maintain your procedure color integrity.