Thank you for your interest in volunteering. At UW Hospital and Clinics and the American Family Children's Hospital, our volunteers play an important role in the overall success of our organization. They assist patients, their families, and visitors to our facilities and are valued members of the health care team.
Through the generous contribution of their time, volunteers add to the quality of care and service provided by UW Hospital and Clinics and help further our mission of excellence in patient care.
- People interested in volunteering at the American Family Children's Hospital should follow the same steps as UW Hospital and Clinics prospective volunteers. Please note there will be an extra hour of orientation for Children's Hospital volunteers after the general orientation.
- Volunteers typically volunteer one shift per week, for approximately two to four hours.
- The minimum time commitment is one seasonal session and volunteers must be willing and able to complete at least one full session: spring (January-April), summer (May-August) or fall (September-December) period.
- All prospective volunteers who are undergraduate college students will only be able to start at the beginning of each volunteer session (January, May and September).
- There are volunteer opportunities available at UW Hospital and Clinics for high school students. High school students are the youngest volunteers we accept here.
- Generally, you must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer at the Children's Hospital, but teens ages 16 and 17 may volunteer during the summer session.