Performances and Service Standards
A multi-faceted organization, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation provides clinical sites, technical and professional staff and administrative services to University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty physicians.
- Excellence: Working together, we strive to be the best, and we work continuously to improve our performance and exceed expectations.
- Innovation: We pride ourselves on finding new and better ways to enhance quality of care and all aspects of our work.
- Compassion: We treat patients, families, learners and each other with kindness and empathy. We connect with patients and families individually and personally and engage them as partners in decisions about their care.
- Integrity: In all our decisions, we are guided by doing the right things at the right time and in the right place. We focus on the best interests of patients. We are always honest with each other, learners and our patients.
- Respect: We honor patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality. We value differences among individuals and groups, and we actively listen, encourage feedback and choose the best way to deliver timely and meaningful information in all situations, especially in the high-stress situations inherent in this complex and demanding patient care environment.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves individually and collectively responsible for the work we do and for the experience and outcomes of every patient, every learner, every day.
- Responsibilities for UW Health Executives
- Responsibilities for Directors and Managers
- Responsibilities for Faculty
The performance standards are general and apply to all settings and all types of roles and positions within UW Health.
The ambulatory service standards, while consistent with the performance standard, relate specifically to behavioral standards for clinic staff and others who contribute to the ambulatory patient experience.
Both the performance standards and the ambulatory service standards are based on UW Health values and strategic goals.