Working at UW Hospitals and Clinics - Family
(608) 263-6500 (phone)
(608) 263-5778 (fax)
UW Hospitals and Clinics knows the importance of family. Whether you are single, a new parent or preparing to send your kids off to college, we are pleased to provide employees with a variety of resources and tools aimed at family life.
Employee Assistance Program
When you or your family needs useful ideas, lifestyle coaching, helpful resources or reliable professional care, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is just a phone call away. Services are free and confidential. Confidential, free, face-to-face or telephone services are available for:
- Stress, depression and personal problems
- Balancing work and personal needs
- Family and relationship concerns
- Alcohol or drug dependency
- Workplace conflicts
- Financial consultation
- Legal consultation
- Child and elder care referral
Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
Returning to work can be challenging and the right workplace resources make a big difference. If you have decided to breastfeed your baby and wish to continue once you return to work, we provide a comprehensive support program for breastfeeding and pumping mothers at UW Health.
The UW Health Lactation Support Program is a family-friendly initiative designed to help you and your baby remain happy and healthy after you return to work. As a UW Health employee, you have access to:
- Lactation rooms equipped with hospital-grade, Medela Symphony breast pumps. To safely use these breast pumps, you just need to purchase and bring your own Medela Symphony tubing kit. Tubing kits and pumping supplies are available for purchase at the American Family Children's Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy.
- Individualized support from UW Health lactation consultants
- Computer-based trainings to orient you to all of the breastfeeding resources available at UW Health
- Peer support through a private on-line forum
- Free baby kit, which includes a diaper bag, diaper and baby wipes samples, a cooler kit for expressed milk, coupons, feeding diary and a "Breastfeeding Your Baby" resource booklet that offers advice on breastfeeding and caring for an infant
Fun programming and events are offered for employees and their families throughout the year.
Employee Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Flexible Spending Account)
The Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA) Program allows employees to pay for eligible dependent care expenses from pre-tax rather than post-tax income.
Great Beginnings Near-Site Child Care Center
Great Beginnings Near-site Child Care Center is located conveniently down the street from our two hospitals and close to many of our clinics and administrative buildings. The center specializes in caring for children from six weeks to 3 years of age. Priority enrollment is given to children of UW Hospitals and Clinics employees.
Back-Up Care is a program to support UW Hospitals and Clinics employees when they experience a temporary breakdown in their normal child, adult or elder care arrangements and need to get to work. Experienced Back-Up Care Specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to find and schedule care on employees' behalf so they can get to work with confidence, knowing their loved ones are in skilled hands.
UW Hospitals and Clinics employees have free premium access to Care.com, an industry-leading service that addresses the unique lifecycle of care needs affecting us all: child care, special needs care, tutoring and lessons, pet care, housekeeping. Care.com enables users to connect with a care provider, share a care giving experience or get advice and news.