Internet Resources - Medications and Insulin
A wealth of information is available on the Web to help you live with and manage your diabetes. But as with anything you can find online, you should be careful to seek information only from credible sources.
The following Internet resources regarding diabetes medications and insulin are recommended by your UW Health diabetes care team:
- Diabetes Medications - American Diabetes Association: Includes an "Ask the Pharmacist" feature.
- Diabetes Pills - U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Includes common questions about diabetes pills and other consumer information.
- Oral Diabetes Medicines - American Academy of Family Physicians: A drug resource on the www.familydoctor.org Web site.
- Type 1 Diabetes - The Basics of Insulin - American Diabetes Association
- Type 2 Diabetes - About Insulin and Other Drugs - American Diabetes Association
- Insulin Information - U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Have Diabetes. Will Travel. - National Diabetes Education Program
- Traveling With Diabetes Supplies - American Diabetes Association: Includes tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regarding air travel and diabetes supplies and equipment.