About the Liver and Pancreas Program
A multidisciplinary team of highly trained and nationally recognized surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, radiologists, pathologists, nurses, social workers and financial specialists are actively involved in patient evaluation and treatment, and understand the special needs of patients and their families.
- Minimally invasive techniques using laparoscopy for pancreatectomy and hepatectomy that decrease hospital stay, improve quality-of-life and decrease perioperative complications
- Innovative surgical therapies and treatments for tumors including radiofrequency ablation, chemoembolization and portal vein embolization
- New methods of chemotherapy including hepatic arterial regional chemotherapy
- High level radiologic imaging for better preoperative assessment and staging
- Integrative Medicine practitioners that assist interested patients in combining traditional and non-traditional therapies