More About the UW Health Advanced Hypertension Program
Our services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of hypertension physician-experts that includes cardiologists, preventive cardiologists, and nephrologists, with endocrinology and vascular surgery consultants.
Our services are delivered in collaboration with a team of nurses, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, and a psychologist that specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension and the prevention of heart, blood vessel, and kidney disease.
We offer advanced diagnostic testing and personalized treatment plans including lifestyle modification, medication optimization, and when needed, interventional treatment, as well as case management and patient education. Our goal is to help you and your primary care physician prevent the complications of hypertension, including heart attack, stroke, heart failure, and kidney failure.
Services provided include:
- Multidisciplinary, team-based clinic visits
- Nutrition counseling
- Exercise prescription and monitored exercise
- Stress/behavioral management
- Endocrine/hormonal assessment
- Patient education and self-management program
- Case management and web-based interaction via MyChart
Advanced Diagnostic Testing
- 24-hour Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Renal ultrasound/CT/MRI
- Stress testing
- Vascular Health Screening/Carotid artery IMT
Advanced Renal Interventions
- Renal artery stenting
Patients are referred to the UW Health hypertension expert of their choice or by their referring physician. To schedule an appointment, call (608) 890-7300.