UW Health HIV/AIDS Comprehensive Care Program Services and Goals
The UW Health HIV/AIDS Comprehensive Care Program at University Hospital has been providing care for people with HIV/AIDS since 1985.
- Comprehensive management of HIV disease
- Specialized nursing care
- Psychiatry and health psychology
- Individualized nutrition management
- Access to clinical trials/experimental treatments
- In-clinic pharmacist consultation
- Treatment readiness/adherence counseling
- Benefits consultation and management
- Patient education and support programs
- Referrals to specialty clinics
The UW Health HIV/AIDS Comprehensive Care Program seeks to:
- Provide specialized, comprehensive health care to people living with HIV/AIDS, regardless of ability to pay.
- Conduct and support research that advances the standards of care and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Support health care programs and providers in the delivery of high-quality HIV/AIDS care by providing expert consultation and education.