Cardiac Rehabilitation Nutritional Counseling
- Options for weight reduction
- Sodium restriction for blood pressure control
- Limitation of saturated fats and cholesterol to reduce blood cholesterol
- Modification of sugar or carbohydrate intake to control blood sugar or triglyceride levels
- Increased consumption of fruits, vegetables and whole grains for overall good health
Suggestions for ways to improve shopping, cooking and eating behavior will be offered as well, and special emphasis will be placed on adequate nutritional intake for patients recovering from surgery.
Referrals from primary care physicians are preferred but not required. You will be asked to record eating habits for three days prior to your initial appointment. We encourage our patients to bring questions about recipes, food labels and menu planning for discussion at the appointment. For further information, please call (608) 263-7420.