Cardiac Complications from Cancer Treatment
UW Health cardiologist Dr. Steven Ewer offers specialty care for cancer patients with cardiovascular comorbidities or who develop cardiac complications of cancer or its treatment.
This unique subspecialty comprises a rapidly developing field that offers an interdisciplinary approach to a complex group of patients. These patients can benefit from a more individualized plan of care and facilitated communication between providers.
Appropriate Referrals to the Cardio-Oncology Clinic
- Patients with pre-existing cardiac comorbidities that complicate the approach to cancer treatment
- Patients at high risk for treatment-related cardiovascular complications
- Patients with cardiac involvement by malignancy (including pericardial disease)
- Patients with cardiac complications of anti-cancer treatment
- Patient consultations
- Co-management of care with other specialists
- Subspecialty in echocardiography
- Treatment of chemotherapy-related cardiac dysfunction