Heart Rhythm Disorder (Arrhythmias) Treatments
UW Health's Heart, Vascular and Thoracic Care program strives to obtain the best possible outcomes in a broad range of potentially disabling or even lethal heart arrhythmias, or heart rhythm disorders (irregular hearbeats).
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Electrophysiology (EP) Studies
- Implantable loop recorder
- Tilt table testing
Treatments, Therapies and Devices
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) for treating ventricular tachyarrhythmias (heartbeats that are too fast)
- Laser Lead Extraction
- Pacemakers for treating bradyarrhythmias (heartbeats that are too slow)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
Heart Arrhythmia Research
UW Health's electrophysiology program actively participates in researching new devices, new lead systems or new indications for the use of ICDs and pacemakers.