Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast, (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, ginger and garlic; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add noodles and chicken; simmer until the noodles are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in dill and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Per ¼ Recipe
Total Fat 4 g fat
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Total Carbs 14 grams
Fiber 2 grams
Protein 15 grams
Sodium 330 mg
What Did You Think of the Recipe?