Home Care After IV Cytoxan
- For the next 24 hours, have your child urinate every 2 hours while awake and every 4 hours while sleeping.
- Give your child plenty of fluids for the next 24 hours.
- Ondansetron _____ mg can be given every 8 hours, as needed, for nausea.
- Call the doctor if your child has any significant vomiting or visible blood in the urine.
- In 10-14 days, have your local doctor do the following laboratory tests: a CBC with differential and platelets. Have the results faxed to (608) 263-0440, Attention: Pediatric Renal.
- Your next appointment for IV Cytoxan will be__________________.
- If you have any questions, please call the Pediatric Nephrology Office at (608) 265-6020.
- On evenings, weekends, or holidays call (608) 262-0486. This will give you the paging operator. Ask for the pediatric nephrologist on-call. Leave your name and phone number with the area code. The doctor will call you back.
If you live out of the area please call: 1-800-323-8942
The information provided should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Last Updated: 01/17/2013
Copyright © 01/17/2013 University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority. All rights reserved. Produced by the Department of Nursing. HF#5345
Print Health Fact For You