Teen Substance Abuse: Signs in Your Teen's FriendshipsSkip to the navigation
You may see changes in your teen's relationships with peers if he or she is drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Some questions for you to consider include:
- Has your teen changed friends recently? Has your teen started associating with an older group of teens or young adults?
- What do you know about your teen's friends?
- Do your teen's friends seem to have a negative attitude? What is their attitude toward substance use (cigarettes, alcohol, inhalants, and other drugs)?
- Have your teen's friends been in trouble with the law?
- Does your teen spend a lot of time alone? (Some teens prefer to use substances when they are alone.)
Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health.
Primary Medical Reviewer Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine
Specialist Medical Reviewer Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction
Current as ofMarch 12, 2014
To learn more, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.