Making a Change That Matters
Almost everyone wants to change or improve some part of his or her life. For some people, it's eating better or getting more exercise. For others, it might be quitting smoking or drinking less. But whatever the change, you have to be ready to make it. And the reality is that only you know when you're ready for a change.
No matter where you are—whether you're ready to change today or are thinking that nothing has to change—you've come to the right place.
Which of these sounds most like you?
- Not Ready for Change?: "My life's too crazy to deal with anything new right now, and I'm fine. I don't think my behavior is that big of a problem."
- Thinking About a Change?: "Life could be better. I don't know how much I can do right now, but I think something needs to change."
- Planning for a Change That Matters: "I know what hasn't worked before. I need to think this through."
- Making Your Change Happen: "I want to do this right. I have a plan."
- Keeping Change Going—Your New Normal: "I'm glad I made the change, but some days it's not easy. And I've come too far to go back now."
|Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Timothy R. Stockwell, PhD|
|Last Revised||November 7, 2013|
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.