William F. Hohlt, DDS - Orthodontics
Dr. William F. Hohlt reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Hohlt is Professor Emeritus of Orthodontics at Indiana University School of Dentistry in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is a Clinical Professor of Orthodontics at the University of Illinois, Chicago. In 2000, Dr. Hohlt was awarded the Teaching Excellence Recognition Award from Indiana University, and in 2001 he received the Trustees Teaching Award. Dr. Hohlt is an active presenter at various professional meetings and continuing education courses worldwide.
Education and Training
DDS: Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN, 1962
Residency in General Practice: United States Navy, Portsmouth Navy Hospital, Portsmouth, VA, 1963
Clinical Proficiency Certificate in Orthodontics: Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, 1969
Indiana University, School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN:
- Professor Emeritus of Orthodontics, 2008–present
- Professor of Orthodontics, 2003–2008
- Associate Professor with Tenure of Orthodontics, 1994–2003
- Assistant Professor of Orthodontics, Full-Time Appointment, 1988–1994
- Assistant Professor of Orthodontics, Graduate Faculty, Part-Time Appointment, 1980–1988
- Assistant Professor of Orthodontics, Graduate Faculty, 1969–1974
University of Illinois, College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL:
- Clinical Professor of Orthodontics, Part-Time Appointment, 2002–present
- Associate Clinical Professor of Orthodontics, Part-Time Appointment, 1998–2002
Author: Healthwise Staff
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2016 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.