W. David Colby IV, MSc, MD, FRCPC - Infectious Disease: Travel Medicine and Tropical Diseases
Dr. W. David Colby IV reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. He is a well-known researcher who has been the principal or secondary investigator of several clinical trials. He was the regional coordinator for a nationally organized surveillance project. He also has been involved in many research groups, including the Vaccine and Virus Host Interactions Group (VVHIG), the Barer/Stoddart Report Task Force, and the Canadian ciprofloxacin study group. Dr. Colby is a consultant for the Infectious Diseases Service at London Health Sciences Centre. He also is the director of the University Hospital Travel Medicine and Tropical Diseases Service in London, Ontario.
Education and Training
MD: University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, 1984
Internship: Rotating, St. Joseph's Hospital, London, ON, 1984–1985
Fellowship in Cancer Research: University of Western Ontario, Department of Pathology, London, ON, 1985–1986
Residency in Medical Microbiology: University Hospital, London, ON, 1986–1989
University of Western Ontario, London, ON:
- Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 2001–present
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, 2001–present
- Assistant Professor, School of Dentistry, 1999–present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1991–2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, 1991
- Lecturer, Department of Medicine, 1990-1991
- Lecturer (Honourary), Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1989–1991
- Honourary Lecturer, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1989
Fellowship Level Examiner, Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists, 1990–present
Current as of: August 23, 2013
Author: Healthwise Staff
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2016 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.