Physician liaisons are available to facilitate communication and handle referral concerns between regional physicians and UW Hospital consultants. In addition, they can assist with:
- Facilitating referrals and patient transfers
- Identifying UW Health specialists and current clinical research trials
- Developing outreach continuing medical education programs and identifying speakers for medical staff meetings
- Organizing and sponsoring medical conferences for physicians and nurses
- Providing information on new UW Health specialists and clinical services
- Assisting in the resolution of hospital and referring provider service issues
Each physician liaison serves a unique territory as shown on the map below.