Clinical Reference Materials
The following links provide access to clinical reference material available on the Internet. The list should serve as a good starting point for clinicians interested in learning about Web-based reference material. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive list of Internet-based clinical reference material. Each of the links below will open in a new window.
Medline Search Tools
- Medical Matrix
Excellent source of ranked, peer-reviewed, annotated, updated clinical medicine resources sponsored by Healthtel Corporation. While use of this site is free, first-time users must complete a brief questionnaire and establish a username and password.
Journals and Professional Societies
Journal sites are sponsored by the publisher and include mostly abstracts with occasional full text. Professional society sites include a variety of materials.
- New England Journal of Medicine
- British Medical Journal
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- ACP Journal Club
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- National Institutes of Health
- NIH Practice Guidelines (AHCPR)
- Center for Disease Control
- Food and Drug Administration
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
Primary Care Information
Information Patients Might See on the Internet
- Information on Wisconsin HMOs
- Wisconsin Office of Health Care Information
- National Library of Medicine's MEDLINEplus
Health Care Tools And Utilities